Friday, March 2, 2012

3 Legitimate Fears...and how they became fears

Snakes and Fish

I find anything that doesn't have legs creepy I guess. But I have always thought snakes were creepy, and my fears have been realized since we moved into our house. We live behind a canal and a field so we get snakes in our yard all time time. I won't let Bella out by herself during the summer for very long for fear she will get bit!

As for fish, I think it is totally weird that they can live underwater. I love boating, but sometimes the fear a fish may swim by me or nibble at my toes is enough to keep me out of the water. Another example was when we went to Hawaii. We went snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. If you have been there, you know it is not very deep. So as your are snorkeling, the fish are right by your face. It freaked me right out. I actually decided to sit out the rest of the day because I could not get over my fear to be that close to them. I think they are beautiful, and if they are a good distance away from me I am ok, but I can not get close to them.

Mice

When I was a kid, we lived next door to a older man. The older he got, the less he took care of his yard, shed and garage. One spring, we did our normal spring clean out to get our patio and yard ready for summer. When we took the tarps off the patio furniture and started opening up lawn chairs and such, we found at least 20 dead mice. We had never had mice in our house. Turns out the old man's shed next door had a little colony and they moved over to our yard during the winer. I will never forget seeing mouse after mouse pop up. Ewwww!!!!

Scary Movies

I have never liked them. I would watch them with friends growing up, but I would always hate it because I would have nightmares. When I was little, my cousin Andrew had a birthday party that was Shark themed. We watched Jaws. It terrified me so much that I called my mom to come get me. After high school, my friends all went and saw The Ring on Halloween night. I ended up in my parents room for the next 3 nights. I went to the drive in with my friend Stevie and her friend and they wanted to watch "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". I sat in the back seat with my eyes closed and ears plugged the entire time humming 'I am a Child of God" to myself the entire movie. They said it made it creepier for them, but I didn't care. After that night, I refused to ever watch a scary movie again. I don't even watch the trailer when it comes on TV. It is not worth sleepless nights.

Clowns

When I was a baby, I had to have surgery to open up my tear ducts in my eye. I don't remember this obviously, but before I went in, they brought a clown in to try and cheer me up. My mom and Grandma said I screamed bloody murder so they clown left. It must have left an impression because I can not stand them to this day. I usually turn my head when they come by at a parade. I never go to the circus because of them.

That is 4. Oops.



No comments: