Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A pretty cool opportunity

So I got a pretty cool phone call today. I was recommended by the woman who is the head of my program to be filmed in a documentary. For those of you who do not know what I do, I have been an AmeriCorps member for the past year working at Escalante Elementary School. I do most of my work there with literacy and I love it. I tutor and teach mainly 1st and 2nd graders in reading. So I will be filmed tutoring a young kid. The cool thing is that it will be shown at a Hope of America concert which is expected to have 25,000 people there. And then it later should be shown on PBS as a documentary. I suppose it is going to be pretty cool, but I swear the people at my school are more excited about it than I am. Maybe they know something I don't, who knows. But I am filming this Friday so I will post a blog on how it all goes and all the details about it when I find out more. But I thought this was a pretty good first blog. Haha

2 comments:

Lori and David said...

That is exciting Emily! That pic at the bottom is from when we announced powder puff huh?

Jason and Heidi said...

YAY!! Totally excited for you babe!! Let me know how it goes!