Thursday, April 3, 2008

Hawaii

I got really excited the past couple of days. I am going to Hawaii on May 2, which is less than a month away. I have not let myself get excited for the past month because I have had just way too much to get done before I could leave Utah for a week and not stress about my job, my future school plans, and life in general. But I decided this week that I need to stop stressing so much about things and get excited for my first trip to the islands! I get to go for a week and stay in a beach house right on the beach. We are staying about 15 minutes for Waimea Bay on Sunset Beach. From what I hear, it is a fantastic place to stay so I can not wait.

So I have a couple questions. First of all, I need to find cute swim suits/board shorts/cute warm clothes. If anyone has any suggestions, please oh please let me know.

Second, are there any places I HAVE to see when I go to Hawaii? I am up for any suggestions. I am so excited!!! Oh my goodness!


3 comments:

Lori and David said...

You absolutely have to go to Matsumoto's Shave Ice. It's spelled something like that...
It is fantastic! Get it with ice cream on the bottom and no black beans. It is kinda icky with beans. I can't remember for sure where it is, but ask David or Lettie. I think they know.

Jason and Heidi said...

Ok Em. You can just call me. Lori is right. Matsumotos is the BEST! It is in Halei'wa that is near Sunset beach. Just drive on thatmain road till you see the sign for Halei'wa. Very simple to find. And try the mango and the lilikoi flavors. Seriously Em, it is celestial. Remember to go to Waimea Falls right behind the Bay. Definately check out the temple and if you have time go to Pearl Harbor. Here is the website and map for the shaved iece: http://www.matsumotoshaveice.com/map.htm

You will have a blast! I'm excited for you. And you should be excited for me and my cruise! 28 days my friend!

Lexi said...

I just found your blog YAY!! Blogs really are the best thing. My favorite thing in Hawaii was the Lassen Art Gallery. I know, I'm a nerd. There is one on Waikiki. You have to eat pineapple every morning for breakfast, until your tongue falls off! And I know it sounds touristy but I LOVED the Polynesian Culture Center. I have gone twice and did that both times because it was so great. So now I'm a nerdy tourist. Camera around my neck, pushing my glasses up my nose, sunscreen on the nose, and the straw hat. I also went to the swap meet which was pretty fun and a good way to get cheap souvenirs but not mandatory. Besides, who has time for anything but the beach right?