Monday, June 9, 2008

Ready for something new


So I don't give much of an update about my life, just silly little things. But I am off to start a new part of my life. I have been working at Escalante Elementary School for the past year and a half doing assistant work, working with special ed students, and this past year as an AmeriCorps Volunteer in Literacy.

Well the school year ended last Thursday and I really was sad. I cried as I walked out because all of the little kids gave me hugs and told me how much they would miss me. I couldn't help but get emotional. It has been an amazing place to work and I LOVE the kids. From my experiences there, I have decided to take a new road and try out Special Education.

So...I am going back to school. I am doing a program called the ATP program. Pretty much it is a chance for college graduates (like myself) to get their teaching licenses in a short amount of time. Plus, I get to be hired on as a teacher while I am going to school. So I get all the benefits teachers get before I technically have my license. Here is a reason why I love my job!

I am so excited! The resource teacher I have been sharing a room with all year sent me home this week with 4 boxes of stuff to have in my classroom. I was so grateful for it! I can not wait to find out where I will be teaching! Once I know, I will post it. But I couldn't help but share my exciting news with you all!!!

No comments: