Monday, January 26, 2009

Continued...

Back to the story....So Brian had mentioned to a few close friends and family that he thought I was pretty cool, but he was going to wait to ask me out until after our trip so just in case something happened, it would not be awkward. It had been a week since the party so he felt he had thought it out enough and it was the right decision. Well the night he decided that, he got a phone call from Heather wanting to know if he wanted to watch a movie with her, Josh (an interest of Heathers) and me. Since he had told Heather his plan about me, he figured she was hooking him up! Why else would she call him to make the numbers even? So he was totally down and met us at Heathers house.

Meanwhile, we had been wake boarding ALL DAY and I had not showered, no make up, and I was wearing sweats. But I figured, I am just going to watch a movie so why worry about getting all done up, especially since it was late at night. Plus, I had absoutely no interest in any boy at the time so why did I need to look good? So we got to Heathers and she wanted to watch "The Work and the Glory 3" (or 2 I have no idea which one it was) Neither Brian or I had seen any of them or read the books so we would be pretty lost. I laid in the Lovesac and Heather and Josh sat together on the couch. Well Brian had no idea what to do. Does he look like a 3rd wheel and sit on the couch with the couple, or take a chance and share the Lovesac with a girl he barely knows? As you can probably guess, he chose number 2. We innocently flirted for about 10 minutes, and before I knew it, he had reached over and was holding my hand!!! I couldn't believe it! I barely knew this kid. But I stuck with my gut feeling and went along with it. I mean why not?

Soon the movie was over and Josh headed home. Heather, Brian and I continued to talk and soon after that, Heather had gone to her room to go to sleep. Without any hesitation, Brian and I talked and cuddled well into the night, 6 am in fact. Everything about the night was so unlike me. 1) I never am able to stay up late 2) Holding hands for me is a big step 3) My parents ALWAYS called by 2 am if I was not home 4) I looked like crap yet this boy was still acting interested. So I was completely taken back how everything was working out. But me being cautious, I tried not to think too much of it. I left at 6 am and went home to sleep for a few hours. Even after all of that, we still had not exchanged numbers so who knew what would come next.

Later that night, I went to a friends wedding with my good friend Stevie. She was the first person I told about my late night escapades. She also could not believe all of this was happening. After the wedding, we hung out with some friends. I got a phone call from Heather and she just happened to be hanging out with Brian again that night and wanted to know what we were doing. So the 2 of them came over and we played games and watched a movie. Going with my gut again, I laid by Brian and we cuddled. We left that night, once again not exchanging numbers or knowing what would come next.

The next day was Sunday and I spent it like I usually did. Going to church, hanging out with family, and then relaxing at home. I went to my room and checked my cell phone and there was a missed call from an unknown number. In my gut, I knew it was Brian. So I bravely called it back, only to hear his voice on the other end. We talked for a few minutes and he invited me over to hang out with his family. Of course I headed over there, with a new outlook on this whole dating drama. Maybe not worrying about anything and just going with the flow of things is the way to go.

We spent the night long boarding, hanging out around a campfire with his family, and just talking. I went home that night feeling pretty good about the whole situation. The next day I never heard from him, but still I was pretty chill. No worries! It was not until the next day, July 4, that I saw him again. A big group of friends were going to watch fireworks at Sugarhouse so I met up with Heather at her house only to find Brian was there too. We went to dinner, hung out in the park and played games, and then enjoyed the fireworks. That night when we got back to Heathers, he walked me to my car and asked me out on our "official" first date. He would pick me up the next night and suprise me with what we were going to do.

The first date story deserves a post all to itself, so that will come later this week!

No comments: