Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Anniversary...Year 2

Brian and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary this past weekend. Since Brian had to work on our actually date, we celebrated early up in Park City. We tried to re-live the honeymoon in about 1/4 of the time, but it was perfect. A little shopping...window and not much buying due to the budget

We ate at one of our all-time favs, Red Rock Brewery


We stayed at the Grand Summit hotel...not as nice as the Waldorf, but it had a beautiful view


We got lots of treats to watch the RSL game


And overall spent some quality time together

On our actual anniversary, I toiled over this homemade gift. We don't buy gifts for anniversaries, but I saw this idea on Pinterest and decided to do it.


As you can see it is "52 things to remember about our life together" It was meant to be put on a deck of cards, therefore where the 52 came from. Overall, it is the major life events in a relationship. Obviously there are some that have been left blank for now (Finding out we were pregnant, The day our first child was born, etc.) but we plan to fill those in later.


This one was done from my perspective, so (crossing my fingers as I type this) Brian is going to make one from his perspective. I thought this was such a good idea for us to be able to reminisce and for our kids and grandkids one day to look back on our life together. I am not the best at journaling (that is what the blog has been for, but I have not been good at this lately either) and this seemed less daunting for whatever reason. I am so glad to finally have everything written down.

One last anniversary idea, and this is going to become a tradition (once again thank you Pinterest)
We took a picture of us holding a picture from our last year's anniversary. Hopefully we will be able to watch ourselves change throughout the years.

(It is not the best...but what can you expect when you need to use a self-timer)


But the most important part of celebrating our anniversary was to remind me just how lucky I am. I have the most perfect husband for me. I have said it before and will say it again, Brian loves me for exactly who I am, and to me that is enough. We have had a crazy ride to get to this point, but I would not change it for anything. We have learned so much over the past 2 years of married life, and 6 years of being together. I cannot wait to see what life is going to throw us over the next year.


I love you Mr. Dahl and am grateful every day to be Mrs. Dahl!!! 

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Happy Anniversary!