Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm an AUNT!!!


It finally happened! Something I have been waiting for since I was 8 years old and I realized that some of my friends already were one. I am an aunt!


Anthony Adam Castleton was born Saturday June 6 at 2:52 am.


He weighed 9 lbs. 3 oz. and was 21 1/2 inches long.



You see all of the tubes because there were some complications during labor and the little guy came out in respiratory failure. He spent the first few hours of his life hooked up to a breathing tube.
He went on to spend the first 3 days in the NICU. But I am happy to say he is out of intensive care and up in the room with my Sister-in-Law. Both Anthony and mom will be going home tomorrow.

It is truly incredible how you can love something the INSTANT you see it. I have never felt anything like it, and it is only my nephew. I can only imagine what it feels like to be a mother. After the experience this weekend, I will admit I am absolutely terrified to have children, but I am sure it will happen one day. It has to be one of the most self-less acts a woman can do.

Congratulations to my brother Adam and his wife Danielle! Thank you for bringing my little Tank (yes I already nicknamed him) into my life. Love you both!!!



No comments: